Sunday, May 2, 2010


While FBN can't get over all the highly prestiguious awards they got at the Florida Scholastic Press Association (FSPA), I quietly celebrate the small victory The Talon made. I won first place in the Carry-In Photo Contest, which I received mid-sentence. It kind of stamped and sealed the overall positive experience that was FSPA.

I had wanted to go when I was a Sophomore, but I couldn't because it was scheduled the same weekend as my younger sister's first communion. I just realized the greatest irony... the photo that won first place is actually a portrait I took of my sister for her first communion. Holy crap. Wow, that's incredible. Okay so anyway yeah, FSPA was a great experience. it really helped me realize that the only field of study I have any passion for is journalism/communications. I cannot think of a single thing I enjoy more, besides art, which I do not want pursue as a career.

Regardless, if you ever have the opportunity to go to an event like this, where various schools gather to learn about their trade and have an opportunity to network, show their skills, etc. you should take it. It'll be enriching like, 85% of the time. The other 15% is spent admiring the city, visiting vintage clothes and book shops, wishing you could get into the cool bars in Ybor City and having delicious milkshakes.

P.S. Havin' good vibes about summer.
P.P.S. Congratulations to all the winners!

No comments:

Post a Comment